LJSJ Publication Goals and Values
The Law Journal for Social Justice (LJSJ) seeks articles for publication from a wide range of diverse voices with the goal of promoting a deeper understanding of complex local, national, and international social justice issues. LJSJ especially welcomes scholarship that is timely, innovative, and contributes an important perspective on a pressing social justice issue.
In alignment with our goals and values, LJSJ encourages legal practitioners, scholars, organizers, those with lived experience in social justice movements, and students to submit scholarship for publication. We especially encourage submissions from individuals with diverse and historically marginalized backgrounds. Cover letters highlighting an author’s unique perspective, background, and expertise are welcomed.
- Length: LJSJ seeks articles that are between 25 and 30 pages and relate to timely social justice issues.
- Formatting: Submissions must be Microsoft Word documents (.doc or .docx) with double-spaced 12-point Times New Roman font. Margins should be 1”. Footnotes should be single spaced.
- Citations: Footnote citations must be formatted in accordance with the 21st edition of the Bluebook.However, LJSJ acknowledges that academic conventions like Bluebook citations may be prohibitive for authors from backgrounds outside the legal profession. If Bluebook citations create issues of accessibility for you, please contact LJSJ at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Abstract: Authors are asked to include a traditional abstract with their work.
- Methods of Submission: Scholarship may be submitted via Scholastica or email (email@example.com). There are no fees for submitting via email. Authors may include an optional cover letter and/or curriculum vitae with their submission.
2021-2022 Submission Deadlines
The 2021-2022 submission cycle will have two deadlines: July 1, 2021 and October 1, 2021. LJSJ will publish one volume in Spring 2022.
*LJSJ reserves the right to accept or reject any article, note, or comment outright or conditionally at any time.